Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hair Care 101


I think taking care of your hair (and skin) is one of the most important things. If you are using a blow dryer, flat iron, curler, wand, etc. on your hair you need a heat protectant! Having bad hair is not a fun time. Here are some of my product recommendations that I use, I’m very open to suggestions so please let me know if you have any products that you love

My hair is fine and not thick, but I am also guilty of straightening my hair pretty often, especially in high school. I recently purchased a new wand that deserves a blog post (coming soon) because it is just so amazeballs. A few weeks ago I crossed over to the ombre side and I’m absolutely loving it. Chelsea has super long glamorous hair that I am uber jealous of, so cross your fingers for all her hair secrets in a future Hair Care 101 post.

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum (In Chelsea’s Top 5 Fav Products)- I cannot live without this, I repeat: cannot live with out this. I use super skinny serum after every wash and I’ve been using it for 8 years. Eight years. I swear by it. It cuts down your blow dry time, smoothes your hair and conditions. You have to be careful when you’re putting this in your hair, too much will make it look oily. You only need one pump (like dime size) for your entire scalp. Focus more on making sure you get the ends of your hair and don’t overuse near your forehead because that could make it look greasy
Sebastian Potion 9- (In my Top 5 Fav Products) I started using this about a year ago because I felt like my hair was super dry. My cousin is a hair dresser and she got it for me, it is NOT something you want to use everyday. I use it after every other wash and I love mixing a little drop (NOTE: little) with PM Super Skinny Serum.
Mane & Tail Detangler- Chelsea swears by Mane n` Tail products. I’m also convinced that it’s the reason her hair grew obnoxiously long (I only say obnoxiously because of my jealousy- hehe). This helps with knots and tangles after you shower. It’s not something I use all the time, but it does its job when I feel like I need it. Again, this is not a product you would want to overspray. Mane n’ Tail also has a line of shampoo & conditioner that are known to help your hair grow (See Chelsea’s Mane for Proof), and it’s inexpensive, you can purchase it at Ulta, Sally’s Beauty Supply or even Rite Aid/CVS.
Moroccan Oil- OBSESSED. I have a regular sized oil that I got from Rite Aid, and also a sample from the Moroccan Oil line. Love, love, love. It helps your hair shine and restores over-processed hair. Use Sparingly. I love all my products, but mixing all of them together in one use would result in a hot mess. That’s why I like to alternate what I use because it sucks if you just wash your hair and then it automatically looks greasy because of “over-product-ing.”
Abba Smoothing Blow Dry Lotion- I just got this a few weeks ago and I’m trying it out before I blow dry my hair or use any kind of heat products on it. Like I said, I’m open to suggestions so if you have a favorite thermal protection, let me know, I would love to try!
Tresseme Split Remedy- I read about this in Cosmopolitan, it’s great for in between hair cuts and helps reduce your split ends up to 80%. Focus on the ends of your hair when you use it.
BIOTIN- Favorite. Vitamin. I take this everyday. It helps with healthy hair, skin, and nails. You will notice a difference.
Tigi Rockaholic Dry Shampoo- (Not pictured) It’s not healthy to wash your hair everyday, you can dry it out by doing that. Tigi Rockaholic is my favorite dry shampoo for in between washes. I use it mainly on my roots if I’ve skipped a day washing my hair. People will say all different things about how often you should wash your hair, some girls can go a week (not for me) and some every three days. Just remember that washing it everyday isn’t healthy, don’t rule out dry shampoo until you’ve given it a shot.

Like I said I alternate using all these products! Never all at once! They each make a difference. Let me know of your favorite products. I’m also including a picture of my new ombre hair just because I’m obsessed with it- enjoy! Last but not least, I included a picture of my comb. I work with someone who has long gorgeous hair and she told me that she uses a comb instead of a brush and holds her hair in a pony tail when she brushes and does the ends first. So this is becoming part of my routine. Pulling on your hair with a brush can rip your hair out and I’m actually liking the comb better for more gentle use. Happy Styling.
Xo- A



No comments:

Post a Comment