Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Get Amazing Eyebrows

Something simple that completes your face: filling in your eyebrows! Something I started doing 4 years ago, before that I thought it was useless, now if I leave the house and forget to fill in my eyebrows I feel like my makeup is incomplete.

Eyebrows frame your face and the shape of your brows should really be carefully decided. My best advice for keeping a great shape is to have them waxed (by a professional) and then pluck any stray hairs as they grow in that way you can keep the shape and pay for an eyebrow wax once a month.

*** Filling in your eyebrows can save you from accidental bad plucking incidents*** Plucked your brows drunk & freaking out the next morning? The brow pencil or powder is now your new best friend.

I usually fill my eyebrows in with a dark brown pencil and a little bit of dark brown powder. (Your brows are always darker than your hair color)

Recently my friend Sarah Introduced me to products by Joey Healy, who does eyebrows in New York City for many celebrities. He sells a powder (in more than one color), a brush for application and serum to set the powder with.

Here's a before powder and after pic of my eyebrows compliments of Sarah's Joey Healy products & a picture of Sarah's brows that she uses Joey Healy powder on to fill them in & complete her look.

Another friend of mine told me about Michelle Money's (from the bachelor) YouTube channel and she has some great tutorials and makeup advice. So I am going to attach the link for her eyebrow tips:



Remember: Think before you pluck. And never ever pluck your eyebrows after a few glasses of wine. Pencils are meant to fill in your eyebrows- not draw an entire eyebrow on. Opt for professional waxing for shape and plucking for upkeep.


Joeyhealy.com
Products used: Brow Renovation Serum, Duo Brow Brush, Luxe brow Powder (in color tobacco)

Xo-A










No comments:

Post a Comment